Thursday, January 10, 2013

In-season human growth hormone testing to begin this year in Major League Baseball | MLB.com: News: "PARADISE VALLEY, Ariz. -- Commissioner Bud Selig announced significant modifications in Major League Baseball's drug testing program, already the strongest in professional sports, after briefing top executives on the final day of the quarterly Owners Meetings on Thursday.

"As I said to the owners ... when we announced this to the clubs, 'This is a very proud day for baseball.' And I believe that. This is remarkable when you think where we were 10, 12, 15 years ago and where we are today. Nobody could have dreamed it," Selig said.

"I just can't emphasize to you enough, when I think of all that's gone on relative to the steroids and drugs and everything. There's been a lot of conversation again the last day or two. Think of where we were and how we arrived at this day, I meant what I said. This is a proud and a great day for baseball and we'll continue to be a leader in this field and do whatever we have to do. This is good. I don't know how else to say it. This is good. This is really good.""

'via Blog this'

Blog Archive

Popular Posts