Thursday, August 29, 2013

I literally would have never written a song if it wasn't for this record. In 1980, a music major at Los Angeles City College, one Sunday my friends literally dragged me to a free concert this guy did in a Hollywood amphitheater. I didn't want to go cause I had never heard of him. About 8 of us all sat in this one row and Michael came out on stage holding a Budweiser and joking around with the crowd. I liked him right away and he did a rockin' set that included most of the songs on this album. Later that week I picked up guitar and pen and wrote my first set of 14 songs. I am forever indebted to Michael and we have spoke a few times over the years, he's a great guy. Here's a vinyl rip of the album and here's the info. Vinyl rip! 

HAVE A TERRIFIC THURSDAY!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts