Saturday, August 31, 2013

By the time this album came out in 1990, my love affair with Steppenwolf had already been going on for a couple decades and I had seen them live quite a few times. But then started a new phase as I grew fonder and fonder. I guess you can say I liked this album from the very first listen but the ten songs on this, all winners in my opinion tend to grow on you with repeated listens. They started doing a lot of touring and whenever they were anywhere even close to LA I would travel and see them. I took many friends to a Wolf show and turned them on to the music. As you will hear on the concert I have included here from those days they were doing a real cool set back then where they would alternate between songs off this album and the good ole stuff. I was in Wolf heaven. But I think I always have been. 
Rise & Shine out of print CD rip link
John Kay & Steppenwolf - Bourbon Street, Binghamton, NY 6/12/91 - set list. Link

Wolf on the beach. 

Blog Archive

Popular Posts