Monday, June 10, 2013

BLOG EXCLUSIVE!
The Lads
Esther Wong, aka "Madame Wong" - In one of those wonderfully strange quirks of life, she landed up being responsible for launching countless great bands. 

Now I can guarantee you that you won't find this anywhere else because I'm the one who produced it. In 2004, I obtained some tapes from a member of the Oingo Boingo Secret Society which was their original fan club back in the day and one of the tapes was a soundboard concert from Madame Wong's West in May of 1980. I then took that tape and loaded it onto a Roland 24-track digital studio, and adding filters and various EQ's and effects, remastered it to get the best possible sound quality. It was definitely a labor of love as I had to do each track individually but it came out great and far superior to the original hissy cassette. The cassette had the whole concert but there were a couple songs that were underpar as far as the performance and I wanted this to be top notch so I landed up using 11 songs. Link

FORBIDDEN ZONE>LOUISE

Ain't This The Life
Only A Lad
Gimme A Break 
Lap Of Luxury 
Commando Girls 
I'm So Bad
Sluggo's Theme
I'm Afraid 
Violent Love
Forbidden Zone
Louise 

Blog Archive

Popular Posts