Sunday, June 9, 2013

Original first pressing cover

“Look what I got.” Dub held up this flute-looking affair and for a second that’s what I thought it was.

“Wonderful,” I said trying to hide my ignorance.

“Sennheiser shotgun mike.” He waved it around the way Obi Wan would wield a light saber a couple generations later. It was obviously very expensive.

Back insert with Rolling Stone review 

“Chris and I are gonna record the Stones. Got tickets for five shows.”

The man who recorded the legendary bootleg and probably held the mic. 

So Dub and Chris went on tour with the Stones. They recorded the Los Angeles, San Diego, Oakland and Phoenix shows. In fact, they were on the same plane with the band when they left Phoenix. Chris couldn’t have been happier.

Read the entire amazing article written by one the partners of Trade Mark Of Quality that tells the whole story of how this landmark bootleg was recorded from conception to mastering here

Link to vinyl rip of first pressing from my personal archives. 


FIRST FIVE MINUTES
The US 1969 Tour. Rock n Roll simply wouldn't exist without it. 

Blog Archive

Popular Posts